You might have started Christmas preparations earlier than usual this year – more time at home and uncertainty about the next couple of months may mean Christmas shopping is well underway. Surely that seems like a good excuse to start the Christmas music early this year too?
Classic FM listed their top pieces of Christmas music, and you can find 10 of the lesser known below. While you’re baking a Christmas cake, try having a listen to one that you haven’t heard before.
- Troika – Prokofiev
- Little Tree – Whitacre
- A Ceremony of Carols – Britten
- Christmas Oratorio – Bach
- Symphony of Carols – Hely-Hutchinson
- L’Enfance du Christ – Berlioz
- Christmas Waltz – Tchaikovsky
- A Christmas Greeting – Elgar
- Oratorio de Noel – Saint-Saens
- The Messiah – Handel